Request for Qualifications / Cost Proposals
Project Management / Owner’s Representative Services for The Luis A. Ferré Foundation, Inc. Current and Future Declared Federal Disasters.
The Luis A. Ferré Foundation, Inc. (“LAFF”) has an open Request for Public Assistance as the result of a declared event dated January 7, 2020 and January 11, 2020. LAFF is now searching for a qualified Project Manager (“PM”) to oversee and execute Federal Emergency Management Agency (“FEMA”) funded projects and assist with Public Assistance (“PA”) grant management related to current disasters and any future declared events. The search for the successful qualified Project Manager is being conducted by means of public invitation to all prospective qualified proposers.
LAFF was established in 1957to operate, maintain, conserve, and exhibit its collection of art at the Museo de Arte de Ponce, a museum in Puerto Rico accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. LAFF owns one of the finest and most important collections of European art in the Western Hemisphere. The LAFF sustained severe damages to their facilities as a result of seismic activity. On January 7, 2020 the southern part of Puerto Rico was hit by a 6.4M earthquake with a series of aftershocks greater than 5M that lead to a 5.9M earthquake on January 11, 2020. The earthquakes affected both the Durrell Stone and Annex buildings of the Museo de Arte de Ponce (overseen by LAFF). LAFF is reviewing all options available to it under the Federal Public Assistance Program, including funding for emergency protective measures and permanent repair/replacement of eligible facilities and contents.
SCOPE OF WORK
In order to accomplish a proper recovery, LAFF intends to hire a PM to assist in the management of the FEMA funded projects. The selected firm will oversee:
- Site identification and eligibility
- Damage assessments
- Development of damage descriptions
- Development of scope of work and cost estimates
- Insurance reconciliation
- Cost reconciliation of completed work
- Project Worksheet (“PW”) formulation and review
- Design and construction management
- Grant administration
- Request for Reimbursements
- Project closeout
The scope of work for these projects and all accounting of the scope of work to be provided by the PM for these projects must conform to LAFF reimbursement requirements. The selected PM will also be responsible for administration of the federal public assistance grant and reimbursement requests to the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. The contract will be for a two-year period with the possibility ofone-year extensions.
The PM will assist LAFF in connection with its application for Public Assistance. The PM will assist with project worksheet development/review, damage assessment, scope alignment, reimbursement requests, close out, general grant management, dispute resolution and appeals (if necessary). Firms responding must have experience working with Public Assistance grant management. PM must be able to track, report and invoice its time in accordance with FEMA approved tasks for sub grantees.
Should additional public assistance funding be obtained by LAFF for permanent repair/replacement of facilities or damaged contents, the PM will provide Public Assistance Grant Oversight of the projects beginning with the procurement of professional services and contractors, through design development and construction documents and ending with the construction contract closeout. The PM is to maintain the project status and budgets, coordinate all efforts with FEMA/Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and attend meetings on behalf of LAFF as their authorized representative. PM invoicing shall meet the requirements of public assistance program requirements.
PROJECT MANAGER REQUIREMENTS
Firms responding to this RFP must have experience with managing recovery efforts for other PA Applicants of similar size and scope as LAFF. Firms responding to this RFP must have direct, relevant experience in performing all responsibilities listed in the Scope of Work section of this RFP. Firms responding to this RFP must have a minimum of 5 years experience obtaining funding for and managing projects designed and constructed under government funded relief or grant programs.
SELECTION CRITERIA AND PROPOSAL EVALUATION METHOD
LAFF will use the following criteria and proposal evaluation method to rank the firms that submit qualifications for selection as the PM for these projects.
The criteria that will be evaluated are as follows:
1. Recent experience working with FEMA and state departments of emergency management post event recovery projects using public assistance funding. 20 PTS
2. Recent project management/grant management experience assisting PA Applicants with disaster recovery involving public assistance grant funding. 20 PTS
3. Experience with managing recent projects of similar scope and value. 20 PTS
4. Ability to perform all responsibilities in the Scope of Work section in this RFP. 15 PTS
5. Cost for Project Management Services. 20 PTS
6. Small, disadvantaged, Woman-Owned or Minority Business enterprises. 5 PTS
The method of evaluating the criteria above will be as follows:
1. The Proposer shall submit pricing under separate cover; no pricing information should be submitted with Technical Proposal.
2. The proposal shall include an hourly rate per staff for each position description listed in Attachment: Cost Sheet. The hourly rates shall be inclusive of labor, overhead, and other labor related expenses. Travel, lodging, subsistence, and other extraordinary labor charges shall be pre-approved and bill at-cost (without markup).
3. The cost evaluation shall be based upon the sum of the extended hourly rates for the descriptions submitted by the proposer in Attachment. The proposer with the lowest total
hourly cost shall receive a score of 20 points for the cost category. The remaining proposers will receive a cost score based upon the following formula:
CS = (LPC/PC*20)
CS = Computed cost score (points) for proposer being evaluated
LPC = Lowest proposed total cost of all proposers
PC = Proposer’s total cost
- Each proposal shall be evaluated carefully by an evaluating committee.
- The response with the highest resulting score shall be awarded the contract for services.
All proposal submissions not received by the deadline shall be deemed non-responsive and rejected. LAFF reserves the right to reject any proposal which it feels does not respond to items 1 through 8 below. The proposal should be a maximum of 20 pages.
Project Management firms shall submit one (1) electronic copy of their response to this request by Wednesday, November 12, 2021, at 12:00pm EST to:
Miguel Santiago, MAP, msant[email protected] with copy to Carlos G. Martinez Rivera, LAFF, [email protected]
Responses shall include:
1. Summary of company background and corporate contact information including primary contact name, address, telephone number and email address.
2. Registration on SAM.gov providing evidence of non-debarment & eligibility to be awarded
contracts using federal funding.
3. Detailed responses to each item of the Selection Criteria.
4. A listing of the names, resumes and relevant project experience of the proposed Project
Management Team that would be assigned to the projects.
5. An hourly rate schedule for the delivery of services.
6. Certificate of insurance showing evidence of the following minimum coverage:
a. Worker’s Compensation – statutory limits
b. General Liability – $1 million
c. Professional Liability – $1 million
7. Certification that the PM will comply with all of the requirements established by the governments of the United States of America and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and if the PM fails to do so, it will hold harmless LAFF for said non-compliance.
8. An assurance that it will accept that any controversy related to the relationship with LAFF will be adjudicated in the courts of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and interpreted solely under the laws of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
9. Any relevant corporate certifications and registrations
The following schedule shall be used for activities related to this RFP: Advertisement: November 5, 2021
Notification of award on or before: November 27, 2021
The LAFF reserves the right to modify this schedule as deemed necessary.
It is expressly understood that any questions regarding the evaluation of proposals under this RFP shall be directed in writing via email to:
Miguel Santiago, MAP, [email protected] with copy to Carlos G. Martinez Rivera, LAFF, [email protected]
Questions regarding this RFP must be submitted as outlined above on or before November 7, 2021 at 4:00pm EST.