The Museo de Arte de Ponce seeks a Education Programs and Community Empowerment Assistant
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Education Programs and Community Empowerment Assistant will be responsible of conducting guided tours around the permanent collection and temporary exhibitions while assisting with art workshops and managing documents and files related to different education programs and proposals.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct guided tours around the permanent collections and temporary exhibitions, both in Spanish and English.
- Provide support with art workshops inside and outside the Museum, working whith diverse audiences, such as: children, students (k-12), teachers, youth, adults, seniors, people with functional diversity, homeless, etc.
- Perform inventory control of art materials, including cleaning and preparing them for workshops.
- Register, document and gather all the evidence on attendance at activities, projects, proposals and other metrics of education and community empowerment programs of the Museum.
- Request quotes for the purchase of art materials, equipment and other proposal needs, observing the administrative/accounting procedures of the Museum.
- Responsible for managing documentation and evidence of proposals as well as preparation of final reports.
- Provide support in all sort of administrative tasks, including general office work, letter or special document writing, copy work, sending faxes, internet research and any special assignment.
- As needed, provide support in general tasks of the Rosario Ferré Library.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Deep appreciation and respect for all individuals and diverse communities.
- Enthusiasm for furthering the Museum’s mission.
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and self-motivated.
- Flexibility and availability to work in different shifts, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and to work well with others in a team situation.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, both in Spanish and English.
Bachelor’s degree in art, history, humanities, education, interdisciplinary studies, tourism, or related field. Minimum of 1-year experience in customer service, education, or related work, or any combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
The Education Programs and Community Empowerment Assistant is a full-time employment opportunity. The selected candidate will be expected to work 40 hours a week with an hourly rate of $12.98, plus other benefits that include: health plan, vacations, sick days, and birthday day off, among others.
Applications will be accepted only electronically until September 2, 2022. Please send your resume and cover letter (complete confidentiality) to: email@example.com Only qualified candidates will be interviewed. Please reference Education Programs and Community Empowerment Assistant position opening. EEO EMPLOYER