Museo de Arte de Ponce launches new live virtual programming through Instagram
Ponce – Starting Monday, April 6, the Museo de Arte de Ponce will launch a new live virtual programming through the institution’s Instagram account. Under the title of ConectARTE, the offer will be focused on providing the population, currently in mandatory social isolation due to the Covid – 19 Pandemic, with a diverse offer of activities.
“Each workshop will be held once a week and in real time. We develop a program with a variety of disciplines ranging from Arts & Crafts to those dedicated to promote general well-being. All necessary in the context of the reality that we currently face. We invite you all to participate,” said Alejandra Peña Gutiérrez, Executive Director of the Museum.
The programming that will be carried out by the Museum through ConectARTE will be as follows:
- Mindfulness Workshop, with Manena González, Mondays at 8:00 p.m.
- Art Therapy Workshop for Children, with Maricel Ocasio, Tuesdays at 11:00 a.m.
- Art Workshop, with Carlos Santiago, Wednesdays at 4:00 p.m.
- Happy Art, Home Edition, Thursdays at 8:00 p.m.
- Art Therapy Workshop for Adults, Fridays at 6:00 p.m.
- Yoga Classes, with Coloma Araujo, Saturdays at 10:00 a.m.
- Storytelling, with Georgina Lázaro, Sundays at 11:00 a.m.
The ConectARTE programming is free and to participate you only need to access the Museum’s Instagram account: @museoarteponce.
About the Museo de Arte de Ponce:
The Museo de Arte de Ponce is a non-profit organization founded in 1959 by Luis A. Ferré (1904-2003) and accredited by the American Alliance of Museums since 1987. The institution is recognized worldwide as an important Center of European Art in America and offers its visitors a rich panorama of Western Art, from the late Middle Ages to the dawn of the twentieth century. For six decades, the Museum has excelled in areas such as research, conservation and education, connecting the community and its visitors with art.